t2 Partner Afrika
Jarida Crafts, Kenia
Lift up the standard life for hardworking youth, self support is the best support ever.
We believe everything starts small and can only grow if we have the patience, Creativity, hard work, exposure, endurance. Jarida Crafts believes that big companies and individuals started small and their growth did not come in a day.
Everything is a state of mind, including poverty and riches, thus Jarida Crafts youth believe they can use their hands and creativity to earn a living and also change for the better.
Who we are
- Young people who dropped out of school due to problems facing their families.
- Young mothers who got pregnant while schooling, and after giving birth had basic needs for themselves and their child whose father abandoned them.
- Young boys from the streets.
- Talented youths who wish to share their art creativity with others.
- Lift up the standard of life for young people by keeping them busy in crafts.
- Introduce sports as part time to keep off youths from idling after work.
- Introduce women in basketry and try to fight against child abuse and build up a voice for the girl children.
- Teach members the dangers of unsafe sex, and drugs.
- Give hope to the young people who almost lost hope in life by teaching them crafts so that can recover from their past mistakes, such as early pregnancy and drug addiction.
- Teach them about assets and liabilities because our youths tend to use their money they buy the wrong things.
- Get individual volunteers from anywhere in the world who can help work for the benefit of others by either selling or crafts or come up with different ideas that can eventually help our group.
- To open up boarders in all over east Africa community and this can only work with a strong foundation with good response.
- We conserve the cleanness of the society by picking up the waste as our materials.
- We discourage the idling among youths by involving them in crafts and sports so many youth start crafts as a way of passing time which eventually become their profession in life. (Quelle Import Shop Berlin)
Most of our materials are already used and have been thrown away. We take and turn them into useful products like. Some of our materials include air freshener containers, bottle tops,
coke cans, wires, used tin sheets, used papers. We also things that grow in our natural environment, like banana leaves, tree bark and soap stone.
- Picture frames from banana leaves, maize cobs, and tree bark
- Greeting cards from wire and tins
- Bookmarks from scrap materials and leather
- Mobiles, spice tins, business card holders, pen holders, file holdesr, ear rings all from used tins
- Wooden birds, animals, letter openers from natural wood
- All types of soap stone product, chess, plates, candle holder, animals etc.